Tomorrow sees the first Elusive Target appear in Hitman, opening a new game mode in the process.
Elusive Targets are part of the live content being published for Hitman in-between episodes and represent a new game mode debuting for players. The Elusive Targets are specially crafted, unique targets, which come with particular rules:
· An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
· They are available for a limited time only in game – this first Elusive Target will last 48 hours
· Intel on the target will be limited
· They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
· Plan accordingly before you engage your target
· Your target can only die once
· If you die during the mission, that’s it
· When the time runs out, they are gone for good
· If you fail, there are no second chances
Hitman is the first in the franchise to be sold in episodic format. Episodes 1 and 2 have already been made available and the Elusive Target modes appear between the new episodes. Square Enix have warned players that they may not announce further Elusive Targets, meaning that players need to be vigilant.