Mobile developer Pixowl is bringing the famous fat cat to iOS in a new management game.
Jim Davis, Garfield’s creator, said “Pixowl’s Garfield: Survival of the Fattest plays like an animated cartoon, complete with many of the beloved characters from the fat cat’s universe. It provides the most vast, wonderfully casual, immersive experience players will ever encounter in a Garfield game to date.”
Features listed for the game include;
– Build, explore and adventure through Garfield’s wilderness camp
– Collect and gather all of the favorite Garfield characters: Jon, Odie, Nermal, Squeak, Arlene and more
– Hundreds of quests such as Fit or Fat and Farmer Instinct
– Over 30 food items to plant or craft with original recipes… everything needed to keep Garfield fat!
– Exclusive, unlockable animated scenes and comic strips
– Three crazy mini-games: Spider Cave, Crazy Restaurant and Dig Site. More mini-games will be added in future updates
– Available in English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese
Initial impressions are that this is another town management style game, similar to Smurf’s Village and Snoopy. Fans of Garfield can download the game from the App Store for free now.