Homeworld: Remastered Collection, Gearbox Software’s definitive edition of the legendary RTS, arrives today on GOG.com in time for the release of a major update to enhance the game for all players.
To celebrate, the game is available with a 30% launch discount. The package includes both the classic and remastered editions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2.
This coincides with a new patch that brings much requested updates to the game.
The new patch contains:
- Reworked Formations logic allows players to deploy groups of ships with more control and granularity than ever before. Formations are now far more flexible, smarter, and reactive to the types of ships a player assigns to them.
- Ballistic flight behavior for projectiles enhances how combat feels and looks; rounds fired can overshoot and hit unintended or tightly grouped targets.
- Target acquisition logic has been enhanced to take speed and grouping into account; stationary units are now much more vulnerable.
- Tactical options have been added in addition to Formations which expand the degree of control a player has immensely. Ships designated as Offensive, Neutral or Evasive have distinct behaviors both alone and in groups.
- Balance in both SP and MP has been rebuilt from the ground up, bringing with it many bug fixes and additional features.
- More than 6 months of intense effort resulting in dozens of bug fixes, graphical enhancements, and performance improvements.
- New design systems, controls, and features that expand the options available to Mod authors by an order of magnitude. Long-requested gameplay features are now trivial instead of hacks; many systems have options and features developed explicitly for Mod authors.