EA have detailed the free DLC coming to Star Wars Battlefront today and have announced that there will be more free content coming over the next few months.
Tatooine has been opened up for more game modes with the ‘Raider Camp’ expansion and there are Hoth-themed outfits to unlock for characters as well.
Those who’ve witnessed some of the hacks from online players, especially on PC, will be pleased to see the addition of private matches being added as an option.
The full list of additions in today’s free DLC is below;
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
In February, there will be a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support the larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. In addition, Turning Point, will become available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
March’s update will include a new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.