THQ Nordic have released the classic destructive FPS Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered on Nintendo Switch, both in retail form and on the eShop.
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction. The game features destructive physics that mean you can knock down or blow up a ton of buildings as well as jumping in to cool mechs and running around the suface of mars in a selection of vehicles, causing chaos in the name of the rebels.
The Switch version features:
- Choice between Performance and Quality Mode
- Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved lighting
- Reworked shaders and postprocessing
- Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode
In addition, all the DLC is included and at just $29.99 | €29.99 | £26.99 (SRP). I’d say that was smashing!