Wargroove: Double Trouble, a huge free new piece of DLC, has been announced by Wargroove developer Chucklefish on their blog.
The update is designed to be played in co-op and adds a new story campaign featuring 3 new Outlaw Commanders, new units, quick play maps and new arcade missions. Not bad for a free update!
According to the blog we get:
“a new story campaign that introduces 3 new Outlaw Commanders; the mighty Wulfar, troublemaker twins Errol and Orla, as well as the maleficent Vesper (seen below – more info about Vesper soon). After an unexpected kidnapping and some severe ransom demands, your group of rogues have no choice but to perform the biggest heist that Aurania has ever seen…”
Wargroove: Double Trouble introduces:
- A brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
- 3 New Roguish Commanders
- 2 New Units – Thieves & Riflemen!
- New Arcade missions
- Competitive online Quick Play maps, including some of the community’s most competitive maps as voted for by the Groove of War team
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies – you can now also play custom campaigns online!
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero
- And more!
I loved Wargroove when it arrived on console earlier in the year and you can read my review right here. The DLC is awaiting the submissions process and a release date and trailer should hopefully be following soon after.